I've mentioned that I'm not the biggest baker, but 'tis the season for sweet treats of all shapes and sizes. It's also the season for the annual Food Bloggers Los Angeles cooking exchange.
Over 20 of us got together on a recent Saturday morning for all the sugar we could eat and pack in our tupperware to take home. And if you're going to be eating a dozen cookies before Noon, you're going to need something tasty to wash it all down, and my choice was a friend's wonderful barrel-aged Sazerac.
So hopefully you can find some inspiration in this expansive spread of fabulous cookie recipes, and if not, start a food blog and share your inspiration with us next year!
FBLA 2013 Cookie Exchange Recipes
- Chai Tea Cookies -- Cathy Arkle of She Paused 4 Thought (She also got tired of rolling the dough and refashioned the rest into Baby Hedgehog cookies.)
- Butter Pecan Fudge -- Dorothy Reinhold (me!) from Shockingly Delicious.
- Antioxidant Chocolate Bark -- Erika Kerekes (our hostess) of In Erika's Kitchen.
- Sweet Potato Marshmallow Bars with White Chocolate Chips -- Jennifer Richmond of Kitchy Cooking.
- Chocolate Chip and Apricot Walnut Rugelach and Vegan Chocolate Mini Cupcakes ("Naughty & Nice Cookies") -- Dana of Foodie Goes Healthy
- Vintage Sponge Drops with Double Fudge Filling -- Leslie Macchiarella of Bake This Cake.
- Sicilian Christmas cookies -- Judy Lyness of Two Broads Abroad.
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Sugar Cookies -- Patricia Rose of Fresh Food in a Flash.
- Brown Butter Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies -- Valentina Wein of Cooking On The Weekends.
- Mini Chocolate Nut Sandwich Cookies -- Kelly Page of Tasting Page.
- Rosemary Raisin Cocktail Shortbread -- Sharon Graves of Cheesy Pennies.
- Saketini Christmas Balls, Chocolate Macarons with Japanese Wine Cream Centers, and Matcha Green Tea Cookies with Chocolate Centers & Espresso Cookies with Caramel Fillings -- Kim Watkinson of Ninja Baking.
- Blueberry Coconut Mini Cupcakes, Rainbow Chocolate Bark, and Vegan Gingersnaps -- Judy Weintraub of Bumbleberry Breeze.
- Chocolate-Dipped Apricots with Pistachios -- Adair Seldon of Lentil Breakdown.
- Spumoni Shortbread -- Nancy Rose Eisman of Adventures with Nancy Rose.
- Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cardamom Gingersnap Cookies -- Alison Ashton of Nourish Network .
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oat Bars -- Alanna Waldron of Eats Real Food.
- Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies -- Tanaya Ghosh of Tanaya's Table. (Tanaya's Table, the blog, will launch in 2014.)
- Black and White Cookies -- Tina Kil. (Her blog isn’t up yet, but watch for her contributions in the future!)