These kale rosemary super seed crackers are healthy flavor bombs full of nutritious ingredients. They're gluten free and vegan and great on their own, or with your favorite dip or spread.
I've got a thing for crackers. The thing is that they're my go-to snack between meals, but there's so much "gunk" in most types that you find in stores. Of course there are gluten-free options, but even some of those have sugar, milk, soy and words that you can't pronounce. So when I can't pronounce it, I try and recreate it at home like I did with these kale rosemary super seed crackers.
I started my salty snack creation with the carrot pulp cumin crackers. I'm kind of addicted to them, but I don't always have carrots or pulp in the house, so what to do. I turned to my plethora of seeds that I usually have on hand. You know the super seeds I'm talking about - chia, flax, sesame. I threw them all in. These guys are packed with healthy omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and essential vitamins and minerals.
Since kale is always on my weekly farmer's market shopping list, I decided to add even more nutrients to these gluten free crackers by throwing some in and upping the veggie ante.
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until they become a dough, and then roll out flat and bake. Easy as that, you get your homemade gluten free vegan kale rosemary super seed crackers!
Kale Rosemary Super Seed Crackers
Makes About 35
- 1 cup kale chopped in the food processor, ribs removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a large glass bowl and mix with your hands until you form a ball. Place the ball between two sheets of parchment and roll out as thin as possible, without breaking any of the edges.
- Put the rolled out dough on a baking sheet and use a pizza cutter to make scores in the crackers for later. Bake for about 45 minutes and then flip. Bake another 45 minutes or until crisp on both sides.