These gluten free and vegan broccoli turmeric fritters are packed full of bold flavors, as well as loads of health benefits. Best of all, you can make them in advance, and eat them all week.
My fridge is usually full of fresh vegetables, but this week, it was unusually full. I don't like to waste food, so with a couple heads of broccoli staring at me, I took them out, stared at my spice cabinet and made a plan for some broccoli turmeric fritters.
I'm a big proponent of turmeric. I make sure to have some everyday. My anti-inflammatory turmeric tonic is one of my favorites, and happens to be the most popular recipe on my blog right now. Because of that, I figured you all might want some more turmeric recipes.
These broccoli turmeric fritters can be prepped easily and effortlessly. It needs just a few turns in the food processor, a little time on the stove top or in the oven, and you're done for a few meals.
You can either bake these for a slightly healthier alternative, or throw them in a pan to cook. With a little coconut oil on the stove, these fritters wouldn't be considered deep fried, so choose the method that works best for you.
I like to make a batch on Sunday and eat them for lunch or dinner with a side of (more) veggies like my kale superfood salad. The broccoli fritters re-heat easily in the toaster oven, and I love topping them with my dairy free hemp lime cream sauce.
Broccoli Turmeric Fritters - Gluten Free, Vegan
Makes 4 patties
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1" fresh ginger
- 1" fresh turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (if not baking)
- Hemp lime cream sauce for topping (optional)
- If baking, preheat the oven to 350.
- Place ground flaxseed in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons water and set aside until set, about 10 minutes.
- Trim the broccoli and pulse in the food processor until broken down without any large pieces. Remove the broccoli and place in a large glass bowl. Add the onion, ginger, turmeric, garlic, cilantro, curry and cumin to the food processor and blend. Add to the broccoli, along with the chickpea flour, flaxseed mixture and salt. Mix well with your hands until you achieve a nice dough. Adjust flour or add water until the mixture holds together well, but not too dry. Separate into 4 patties.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and bake the 4 patties for 30 minutes, flipping at the halfway point. Alternatively, you can cook on the stove top in coconut oil over low heat for about 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Top with my hemp lime cream sauce.
Other gluten free veggie patty options