I moved my stash to the freezer to prolong their life, and my fig fun, and when I placed them inside, they landed on top of my frozen bananas and knew we'd all have to meet up again in the morning for a smoothie talk.
I feel like the banana lends a more sedate, mellow flavor where the fig brightens and adds a little weight, and then I figured why not go for the fruit trifecta with some strawberries.
I like using chia for an added boost of fiber and omega 3's. And just to recap, with all of these great ingredients in your smoothie, you're getting these fabulous benefits: antioxidants, fiber, calcium, Vitamin C, iron, potassium, omega 3s and protein. You can also add honey, cinnamon, walnuts and vanilla if you want even more flavor and benefit, or drink it straight up and your day is off to a great start.
- 2 fresh figs, stem removed and quartered
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 6 strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey (if vegan, omit or use agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy!