Granola cups are the perfect healthy vehicle for so many things, like this vegan banana cream and fresh fruit. It's gluten free, dairy free and delicious!
I'm all about the make ahead breakfast, and for that matter lunch and dinner. I spend enough time in the kitchen creating recipes that once I make something, I want to enjoy it across a few meals.
Breakfast is definitely a meal that I prefer prepping in advance as I'm not always firing on all cylinders first thing in the morning, but I often need to hit the ground running.
These granola cups are great because you can bake them ahead of time and then refrigerate. You don't need to heat them up in the morning, but you can if you want to crisp them up a little.
The banana cream is a good dairy free option for vegans, or you can always add yogurt on top, and then finish with your favorite fresh fruit.
It's filling and also makes for a pretty presentation!
Granola Cups with Banana Cream
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free
Makes About 9 granola cups topped with banana cream
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free rolled or old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, raw honey, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup cashews, covered in water and soaked overnight
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, raw honey, or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place all granola cup ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and scoop a dollop of the granola mixture into each compartment. You should have enough mix to cover the bottom in a thin layer, as well as the sides. Wet your fingers to press down to form the cups, making them as thin as possible, but ensuring to cover all sides. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until brown and crisp. Remove from oven and place the muffin tin on a wire rack and allow to cool before taking out the individual cups with a knife.
- Place all of the banana cream items in a Vitamix or high speed blender and blend till smooth. Adjust the water accordingly. I prefer a thicker yogurt-like consistency.
- Once the cups are cool, remove from the tin, top with banana cream and additional fresh fruit. Keep the additional cups in an air tight container in the refrigerator.