Freshen up your summer drink with this fresh fruit mango cocktail with orange, lime and mint. No refined sugar is added. The sweetness is all from fresh fruit.
Is it just me or do wine and cocktails just taste that much better in the warm summer sun? A nice drink can put an immediate smile on my face.
I find many drinks to be too sweet and I hate all the sugar that gets added.
This mango citrus cocktail contains no refined sugar. It gets its sweetness from the natural fresh fruit juice of the mango, orange, and lime - a much healthier way to lighten a drink, while also taking in some great Vitamin C.
A little jalapeno gives a nice kick to the drink.
Adjust the quantity according to your taste and jalapeno love levels.
I used tequila in this cocktail, but vodka or rum could also work.
You can also make this a virgin cocktail, and simply top with more sparkling water for a non-alcoholic alternative to keep you, and your kids, cool all summer long
Spicy Mango Citrus Cocktail
- 1 lime - cut into 8 wedges
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno, de-stemmed and seeded
- 1 orange - cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh mango puree (blended mango)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- Place the lime, mint, and jalapeno in a mixing glass and use a muddler to release all the juices. Squeeze the juice of the orange in the glass. You can also throw in the orange rinds and do a little more muddling.
- Add the mango puree, coconut water, tequila (if using) and ice, cover and shake until combined. Use a strainer to separate the juice from the rinds and mint.
- Fill two highball glasses with ice and pour the mango mixture over. Top with sparkling water. Stir and serve.