If you're in need of a healthy snack or treat, these sugar free curry lime nuts will do the trick. The protein will keep you going and the sweet spices will bring you back for more!
I'm always looking for a good snack. Healthy snacking is hard isn't it? I want something that tastes good, but that also fills me up. Is that too much to ask? The fill you up thing is important because if you're eating something without the right nutrients, it's just empty calories that often causes you to eat even more because you're not satisfied or satiated. I've got some super satisfying sugar free curry lime nuts to fill you up in the healthiest of ways.
So with nuts, you got your fat, fiber and protein - the trifecta that I always talk about as a good goal for every meal. I added in curry and turmeric for some worldly, and quite addicting, healthy taste. It doesn't hurt that they're also anti-inflammatory, protect your ticker and can help with cancer prevention. The icing on top is the coconut oil.
As you know, I'm all about coconut oil. This is good fat that can help with Alzheimers, heart issues, inflammation, energy, memory, and the list goes on. You're on board with coconut oil, so the next step is to make sure you're using the right kind.
A food blogger pal of mine told me about a great new small family-run business called Nana Solutions that's committed to growing and producing natural ingredients in a sustainable way. Guess what they're starting with? Coconut oil!
They grow a lot themselves and also work with small farmers that follow their principles, which include no pesticides and a big respect for the environment. Nana Solutions also stands out because their coconut oil is raw, as in they don't heat the coconut during extraction, so it retains all of the important nutrients. If you like charts like I do, you can see how this all breaks down above. The coconut oil is also 100% organic certified, non-GMO, so yeah, it's legit.
Sugar Free Curry Lime Nuts
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 cups of assorted nuts (cashews, pecans, walnuts)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Take a large bowl and add the coconut oil, lime juice, curry and turmeric power and mix. Toss the nuts in the bowl and stir until combined. Salt to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and spread out the spiced nuts.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then mix. Continue cooking another 5-10 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted. Let cool and then devour! If there are any leftovers, keep covered in a well sealed container. You can always warm them up again for maximum crispness.
I received a complimentary bottle of CoCoNana coconut oil for recipe testing, but all opinions are always my own.