Apple cinnamon overnight oats can be made the night before for an easy and healthy, gluten free, dairy free breakfast, ready as soon as you wake up.
For clean eaters, apple pie may be a distant memory, long gone from the palate and the plate, but there's good news. You can still have many of the flavors with a few healthy tweaks. First, we're taking out the whole pie thing. Sorry. Instead, we're going to move breakfast with this overnight oats recipe. It's super easy and you can make it in advance for breakfast ready when you wake up.
I've talked about overnight pumpkin oats, but this time, let's focus on fresh fruit and a few spices to get that clean eating apple pie taste.
It's as easy as throwing a few key ingredient into a big mason jar before you go to sleep, giving it a shake, and waking up to a healthy, already-made breakfast.
I've experimented with leaving out the fruit and nuts until morning, but actually you don't even need to do that. The apples and walnuts retained their crunch even after sitting with the oats overnight.
So your breakfast just got that much easier, tastier and healthier!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 cups favorite plant based milk, make your own coconut milk here
- 1 small apple, cored and diced (can leave skins on)
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Optional: honey/maple syrup or your favorite nut (I like walnuts in here)
- Place all ingredients in a 32 ounce mason jar and shake to combine. Place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Enjoy in the morning.