Enjoy a healthy grainless, vegetable based bowl of cauliflower rice with kale and sautéed cod. It's a nutritious Whole 30, gluten free, dairy free and paleo meal.
I'm one of those people who likes to swirl flavors together. When I put food on my plate, I'm usually combining tastes. I eat my rosemary pork with parsnips by taking a bite of pork and then topping it with a piece of parsnip and pear. I like all of the tastes together. So that's the inspiration for today's paleo cauliflower kale cod bowl recipe.
I recently wrote about the importance of sourcing your fish in the best possible way to avoid adding mercury and toxins to your system. I've been ordering seafood from Vital Choice for a while now, and have made their wild Alaskan Cod a staple in my diet. I just stumbled across their cod pieces, which is the same great fish, but for a 1/3 to a half off. Why so much cheaper? Because the fish is in different sized pieces. You know what you can do with different size pieces? Make my cauliflower kale cod bowl!
And Whole 30, paleo friends, there's no grains here, no gluten and no dairy. It's just a healthy veggie packed meal with nutrient-rich fresh fish on top!
Cauliflower Kale Cod Bowl
Makes 4 servings
- Cauliflower Rice (recipe here)
- 1 large bunch of lacinato kale, stems removed, chopped (make my smoky kale stems with leftovers)
- 1 small leek, cleaned and cut into thin rings
- 1 pound of wild cod pieces (I buy mine from here)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet. Add the leeks and cook until translucent, then add the kale. Season with salt and pepper and cover for 5-10 minutes, until the kale is nearly cooked through. Add the cooked cauliflower rice to the kale and mix. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- While the vegetables cook, add one tablespoon of coconut oil to another large pan. Pat the cod dry and season with salt and pepper. When the pan is warm, place the cod inside. Cook for about 3 minutes and then flip. When cooked through, squeeze the fresh lemon juice on top.
- Place the cauliflower kale mixture in a bowl and top with sauteed cod.
Looking for other healthy main dishes?
This post contains affiliate links, but making a purchase through my site will not change the price you pay, but will offset some of the costs of running this blog. Read my Affiliate Policy here.