Sometimes you just have to get your dose of healthy fruit and vegetables in quickly. The cleaning, chopping, cooking of it all can be a bit much, especially when donuts and croissants are at the ready, but there is an easier way. With a high speed blender, you can have a nutritious drink in your belly before you can even say jelly stuffed, glazed donut.
Let's have a look at the smoothie line-up.
- Carrots: Chock full of beta-carotene and vitamin A, which means good for your eyes, skin, liver, teeth and heart. Then there's the potassium (it's not just in bananas), fiber, vitamin K, folate, magnesium and the list goes on. Carrots are good for you. Got it?
- Oranges: You know these are vitamin C powerhouses, not to mention full of potassium, calcium, vitamin A, B-6, folate, antioxidants. There's a reason you drink orange juice when you're sick.
- Ginger: As if you need any more reason to drink this smoothie, in comes ginger. Ginger is great for digestion, can help with circulation and reduces inflammation.
All you have to do is throw these ingredients in a Vitamix and off you go to healthy town.
Orange Carrot Ginger Smoothie
- 2 organic carrots, washed, but not peeled
- 2 organic oranges, peeled
- 2 inch slice of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of coconut water
- 1-2 dates (optional for added sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Enjoy!