I've been eating hard boiled eggs for years. It's easy to have a batch of them at the ready as they're great to pop before or after a workout for a quick protein punch.
After eating them for nearly a decade, I've grown a little bored, so I decided to give them a little pizzaz, while also keeping them healthy. I'm a huge fan of Freddy Smalls' buffalo deviled eggs, but I can't start my day with blue cheese and crispy chicken skin, though I'm happy to end it that way.
The simple addition of mixing the yolk with some avocado, lime, chipotle seasoning and some hot sauce, takes my perfunctory egg eating to a new level. It's now creamy and feels fairly decadent for a breakfast snack, but also makes for a great side for picnics and BBQs.
Zesty Avocado-Lime Deviled Eggs
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- ½ of a ripe avocado
- ½ of a lime
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
- dash of celery salt
- dash of chipotle seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and slice lengthwise.
- Pop out the yolks and place in a small bowl, with sliced avocado and smash the two ingredients until nearly smooth.
- Add juice of the lime, hot sauce, celery salt, chipotle seasoning and hot sauce to taste. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture back into the egg halves. Sprinkle with chipotle and enjoy!