The watermelon berry cooler will help you beat the summer heat with a blend of frozen berries, watermelon, lime and mint. Serve to the whole family or spike with your favorite spirit.
It's getting to be that time of season.
You know the one.
Longer, warmer days, cooler drinks, less work in the kitchen.
I love it when it stays light past 8pm.
And there's nothing like a cold drink on a hot day.
I've taken some of my favorite seasonal fruits and berries to make a refreshing watermelon berry cooler to enjoy all summer long.
My nieces and nephews love blended fruit drinks. They feel like they're drinking daiquiris and they get to partake while the adults add the spirit du jour.
Rum or tequila would be pretty nice in here, but you can also enjoy it as is and lap up the mint and lime over breakfast.
Best of all this festive summer drink contains only natural ingredients.
You don't need any sweeteners when you're dealing with fresh fruit.
Lime and mint punch the flavors up even more.
I hope everyone has a cool and relaxing summer. Enjoy it all with this watermelon berry cooler.
Watermelon Berry Cooler
Makes 2 drinks
- 3 cups fresh watermelon, rind and seeds removed
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Place all ingredients in a blender until combined. Adjust lime as necessary. Enjoy as is or add your favorite spirit, like rum or tequila, for an adult summer beverage.