This oven baked salmon with carrot ginger puree comes together in under a half an hour, for a healthy, gluten free, dairy free lunch or dinner.
Do you find the shorter on time you are, the less healthy your meal becomes? I know when I'm running around, one of the first things to go is a good home-cooked meal. And sadly, when I'm really busy, a healthy homemade dinner is exactly what I need to keep me moving. Luckily I found a way to get an Omega-3 packed Wild Alaskan salmon with an antioxidant rich carrot ginger puree on the table in under a half an hour. Yup, it's true.
I hear from so many people that they don't eat fish at home because they don't want the smell stinking up their house. Would you believe me if I said I had a work around for the smell too, in addition to a time saving method to get a healthy meal on the table in 25 minutes.
Ok, I can't take credit for all of this, but Bumble Bee SuperFresh® can. They've come up with a line of fresh and convenient seafood items that includes tilapia, salmon and tuna. You can use the store locator link here to find their products near you, or Amazon Fresh will hook you up with delivery right to your home, upping the convenience factor even further.
I sampled the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and it couldn't have been easier. I slipped the salmon into the parchment that's conveniently included, and then let my oven do the rest.
While the salmon cooked, I made the carrot ginger puree. The timing was perfect. I boiled the carrots until tender and then blended them with some coconut milk and spices. As soon as I placed a dollop of the carrot puree on the plate, my salmon was ready.
A quick unwrap of the parchment, revealed a well cooked and flavored salmon. I topped the carrot puree with the salmon and I had a pretty fancy looking dinner ready under 30 minutes. It was so easy, I've even made this dish for lunch.
So now there's no more excuse not to eat a healthy meal when you're short on time!
25 Minute Salmon with Carrot Ginger Puree
- 4 Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 medium carrots, ends removed and peeled if not organic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2" fresh ginger, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cook the salmon according to the instructions on the box.
- While the salmon bakes in the oven, chop the carrots into equal sized round and place in a large pot. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the carrots by an inch or two. Season the water with salt and pepper, and add the bay leaf. Turn the heat to medium and once a boil is reached, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the carrots about 20 minutes, or until you can easily slide a knife through the center of one of the rounds. Drain the water, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Discard the bay leaf.
- Place the garlic and ginger in a blender and blend until broken down. Add the cinnamon, coconut milk and carrots and mix. Gradually add the leftover cooking liquid until your desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a dollop of the carrot ginger puree on each plate and top with the salmon fillets.
Looking for more seafood inspiration?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.