Celebrate berry season and summer holiday weekends with a festive berry patriotic chia seed pudding. This recipe is paleo friendly, vegan, gluten free, and dairy free.
Not only do long holiday weekends mean a plethora of parties and overindulging, it also means a sea of processed patriotic red, white and blue recipes.
The only things that I like to eat that are red, white and blue are fruits that are naturally one of those colors. That's why I made this healthy berry patriotic chia seed pudding.
When I go to summer holiday parties and see red marshmallows or blue dyed eggs, I look for the less patriotic hummus or veggie platter.
Fear not though, it is possible to create and eat a red, white and blue recipe with all natural ingredients that is both gluten free and dairy free.
Luckily in summer, there are so many wonderful berry options, and guess what? They're naturally red and blue all on their own. There is no procesesed food coloring necessary.
A blend of strawberries and raspberries give you a healthy fruit bottom layer.
As for the middle layer, I made a chia seed pudding for a pretty white stripe, and some good protein and Omega 3's.
Then I top with fresh blueberries for the final stripe in this berry patriotic chia seed pudding.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday.
Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding
- 8 large strawberries, stems removed
- 3 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 2 cups chia seed pudding (recipe here)
- Place clean strawberries and raspberries in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the berry mixture into the bottom of 4 small mason jars or bowls and place in the freezer until set, about 15 minutes.
- Set the chia seed pudding in an even layer, on top of the strawberry - raspberry mix.
- Top with blueberries and enjoy!