Not only do long holiday weekends mean a plethora of parties and overindulging, it also means a sea of processed patriotic red, white and blue recipes. The only things that I like to eat that are red, white and blue are fruits that are naturally one of those colors. When I see red marshmallows or blue dyed eggs, I look for the less patriotic hummus or veggie platter. Fear not though, it is possible to create and eat a red, white and blue recipe with all natural ingredients that is both gluten free and dairy free.
Luckily in summer there are so many wonderful berry options, and guess what, they're red and blue all on their own. So you have 2 patriotic layers right there.
As for the white, I made a chia seed pudding to sandwich between the berries for a pretty white stripe, and some good protein and Omega 3's.
Not only is this recipe easy, but it's also healthy and berry patriotic!
Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday.
Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding
- 8 large strawberries, stems removed
- 3 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 2 cups chia seed pudding (recipe here)
- Place clean strawberries and raspberries in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the berry mixture into the bottom of 4 small mason jars or bowls and place in the freezer until set, about 15 minutes.
- Set the chia seed pudding in an even layer, on top of the strawberry - raspberry mix.
- Top with blueberries and enjoy!
For more great red, white and blue recipes, check out this colorful bunch from the Sunday Supper crew. And thanks to our host, Crazy Foodie Stunts for pulling it all together.
Food Using One Color Red Food
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma's Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline's Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca