These raw, vegan cacao coconut cashew balls are a great, naturally sweet dessert, perfect for clean eaters. They're gluten free, dairy free and free from refined sugar, so enjoy!
The holidays can be a tough time for clean eaters. With so many yeasty, sugar-laden desserts around, you want to participate without having to feel the pain after. A bowl of fruit just doesn't cut it sometimes. I have a few easy ingredients to pull together to make a naturally sweet treat with these raw vegan cacao cashew balls.
I've spoken about the health benefits of cacao when I allowed you to have chocolate for breakfast with my healthy Cacao banana smoothie. Cacao is the healthy, unprocessed portion of chocolate, before all the sugar gets added, so it's loaded with antioxidants, magnesium, Vitamin C and gives you that nice happy dance mood boost.
Cashews bring some nice protein to the balls and coconut gives it some sweetness. These are great to whip up in advance and keep refrigerated for your next party or just a clean dessert after dinner.
Cacao Coconut Cashew Balls
Makes about 25 balls
- 1-1/2 cups organic, raw cashews
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dates, soaked in water at least 2 hours
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 teaspoons water
- Place the cashews and coconut in a food processor and blend until mixed into a fine crumble. Remove 2 tablespoons and place on a baking sheet. Then add the dates, coconut oil, cacao, and water and pulse until the mixture turns into more of a dough. Add more water if you need more moisture, or add more coconut if it's too wet. Place in the refrigerator while you clean up. The balls will be easier to form, but if you don't have the time, go to step 2.
- Take a melon scoop and parcel out small balls from the mixture. Take in your hands and roll into a compact circle is formed.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet with the cashew coconut mix and roll them through until they're all coated. Refrigerate before serving.