The Instant Pot makes this recipe for paleo broccoli-cauli sausage tots fast and easy. It's a great appetizer, snack, or gluten free, dairy free, grain free meal.
I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure.
I'm always looking for new ways to put more vegetables in the food I eat. Today's recipe for broccoli cauliflower sausage tots manages to double down on veggies, while also throwing in some flavorful protein for a great bite.
These veggie bites have a lot going for it. You can use your InstantPot to cook the veggies super fast, so score one for efficiency.
It's a great appetizer or snack since it's grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free, so score another for health. Best of all, it tastes great for the best score of all.
The recipe comes from Michelle Fagone of Cavegirl Cuisine's new cookbook, The "I Love my Instant Pot" Paleo Recipe Book. She's got two of my favorite things in one book - paleo recipes combined with fast, delicious cooking in the Instant Pot.
You might remember Michelle from my coconut curry sea bass in the Instant Pot recipe. She knows her way around the Instant Pot.
I love that her latest cookbook focuses on all paleo recipes. So that means you're getting all grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free recipes. That's all a big win in my book.
Michelle has paleo Instant Pot recipes that span from breakfast through dinner with soups, stews, chilis, and sweet treats and drinks.
Paleo Broccoli- Cauli Sausage Tots
From The "I Love my Instant Pot" Paleo Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone
Makes about 24 tots
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add water to the Instant Pot and insert steamer basket. Add broccoli and cauliflower. Lock lid. Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button, and adjust time to 2 minutes. When timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer broccoli and cauliflower to a food processor or blender. Pulse 5-6 times until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add shallot, sausage, egg, oregano, and salt. Combine until well mixed. Form into 20 tots and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bakes 35 minutes. Serve warm. (Top with my dairy free tzatziki or hemp lime cream).
Other Instant Pot Recipes
I was given a copy of the cookbook for review, but all opinions are always my own.This page contains Affiliate links, but clicking on them will not change the price for you, but will go to help defray the costs of running Tasting Page. You can read my Affiliate Policy here.