The Instant Pot makes this coconut curry sea bass recipe come together in mere minutes. It's gluten free, dairy free and paleo, and a delicious dinner to prepare in a flash.
I've been loving cooking with the Instant Pot that I bought last year on Amazon. There's been chili lime chicken thighs and a creamy vegan queso, all made easy in the super fast pressure cooker. Today, we're entering the fish world with an Instant Pot coconut curry sea bass recipe.
The recipe comes from Michelle Fagone's new cookbook The "I love My Instant Pot" Recipe Book. I can totally relate to the title as I've completely fallen for the easy and efficient way a meal comes together in the Instant Pot, so I jumped at the chance to review the book.
Not only is it super fast, but more nutrients are retained due to the faster, more efficient pressure cooking used. You know I'm all about nutrients.
Michelle writes the food site Cavegirl Cuisine and as you might guess from the name, she features a lot of great paleo recipes. So I was happy to have many gluten free and paleo recipes with her new cookbook that I can now use in my Instant Pot.
This coconut curry sea bass literally took 3 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot. I actually swapped out wild Alaskan cod since I had some in the freezer from my favorite fresh seafood source, Vital Choice. The spicy curry sauce took about another 3 minutes to whisk together. I dumped the fish with the coconut curry sauce in the Instant Pot and minutes later I had an amazing dish.
Coconut Curry Sea Bass in the Instant Pot
From The "I love My Instant Pot" Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone
Makes 3 servings
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can coconut milk (look for BPA free can)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon honey (look for local, raw honey)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound sea bass (I swapped out for cod) cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 lime wedges
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, red curry paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos, honey, sriracha, garlic, turmeric, ginger, sea salt and white pepper.
- Place sea bass (or cod if using) in the bottom of Instant Pot. Pour coconut milk mixture over the fish. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 3 minutes. When timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Transfer fish and broth into three bowls. Garnish each with equal amounts of chopped cilantro and a lime edge. Serve.
I was given a copy of the cookbook for review, but all opinions are always my own.
This post contains affiliate links, but using them does not change the price of any products for you and goes towards keeping Tasting Page running.