Summer comes together in this strawberry lemon poppy seed vinaigrette to enjoy all season long on fresh greens with crisp fruits and vegetables.
Strawberry season is a pretty happy time around my place. The natural sweetness in strawberries makes for a great way to punch up so many dishes.
Now it's time for a strawberry lemon poppy seed vinaigrette.
I figured with summer around the corner, it's nice to have a new salad dressing recipe to be ready for barbecues, parties or just Tuesday lunch!
Not only are strawberries so juicy and delicious, they're also chock full of antioxidants, Vitamin C, manganese and fiber.
And poppy seeds not only provide a nice crunch, but they also contain a good source of minerals, calcium, iron and zinc.
So not only are you getting a fresh summer strawberry salad dressing recipe, you're also keeping your body healthy, which should make for a nice long, happy summer season.
Strawberry Lemon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Makes About 1/2 Cup
- 6 fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed (about 1/3 cup when blended)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Place strawberries in a blender and pulse. Add the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning as necessary. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.