This vegan caesar dressing has a cashew base, making for a thick and creamy texture with no dairy added. Throw it on fresh salad greens or use it as a dip with raw vegetables.
I'm off eggs and dairy. It doesn't work for my system, and it doesn't work for many others' as well, whether they're vegan or not.
If you're vegan, dairy free or simply looking for an interesting new salad dressing, you have to check this one out. It's kind of addicting. You might not guess that cashews make the base for this, except if you've been reading my blog, you know how much I like to make sauces with cashews like smoky cashew chipotle cheese or this cashew curry sauce.
This vegan caesar is of course great on fresh salad greens, but you can also use it as a dip for raw vegetables. It's a healthy dressing with multiple possibilities!
Vegan Cashew Caesar Dressing
Makes about 1+ cups
- 1 cup raw, unsalted, organic cashews, soaked in water for several hours
- 5-6 tablespoons of lemon (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place in a high speed blender. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning and water until you've reached your desired consistency and taste. The dressing will get thicker the longer it's in the refrigerator. Thin out with water or a plant based milk.