Who needs wheat-laden pasta when you make your own gluten free spicy avocado sauce over chicken and zoodles.
I love avocados. Shall we count the ways?
What's not to like about this green fruit? It's local to us Angelenos, and has more natural fiber than any other fruit. The potassium is 3 times greater than the banana. Who knew, right? It's a great way to get protein and then you got vitamins and phytonutrients making this little bundle an anti-inflammatory dream.
So I'm always looking for new ways to incorporate this guy into my daily diet (see above). I did soup, so a sauce had to be the next step. It's already been liquified. Creating a zesty sauce allows me to put it on anything - grilled fish, my new zucchini noodles, or even as a sandwich condiment. So many uses, so many benefits.
You can make it as spicy or as mild as you like by adjusting the amount of jalapeño and garlic. I like garlic heat more than jalapeño so I used 2 garlic cloves and a half a pepper, but play with the heat levels that work for you, and enjoy!
Spicy Avocado Sauce Over Chicken & Zoodles
Makes about 1-1/2 cups of sauce
- 2 ripe avocados, scooped and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed for less heat
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grilled chicken breast
- Zucchini noodles that have been spiralized
- Place all ingredients up until the olive oil in a blender and mix. Once combined, slowly add the oil. Gradually add the water until your desired consistency is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini noodles on a plate, followed by chicken and top with avocado sauce.
This post contains affiliate links, but making a purchase through my site will not change the price you pay, but will offset some of the costs of running this blog. Read my Affiliate Policy here.